Friday 1 July 2011

Steampunk stamps have arrived! Twisted easel card.

My set of Creative Expressions Steampunk stamps arrived yesterday and it didn't take long before I was creating.   I decided to make a 6" square twisted easel card with Coredinations card as a distressed look works brill with these images. 

Folding the 12" x 6" card blank
Folded blank - Mark the botom of this triangle
 
For the card blank you need a piece of card 12" x 6" folded in half.  To get the twist  score and fold the front of your 6" x 6" card diagonally from corner to corner.  TIP. mark the bottom of the front triangle so that when you attach the decorated front you know which way up to place it. 
Cut a 5 3/4" square to matt onto the base, I stamped mine with some of the cogs in the sets before fixing it in place with screw top brads.  Cut out a coordinating 6" x 6" square for the front.  I distressed the edges of mine with and emery board.  The front is matted and layered with the shimmery mirror  card, and a third layer of coordinating cardstock.  TIP - An ideal way of measuring layers is to reduce the size of each layer by 1/4" which will give 1/8" border all round.  I had some corrugated card in my box so I tore and cut a piece to fit the front and distressed with black soot Ranger distress ink and ran a tiny bit of aged silver paint over the ridges.  Alternatively you could emboss the top mat and distress that. 

I stamped the train from the Vintage Illusion set using black archival ink onto shimmery mirror card.  Taking care not to smudge the ink I sprinked on clear embossing powder and heated to set the image.  I cut the image  to 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" and matted and layered it onto coordinating card distressing the bottom layer by sanding and inking.  The small image is from the Vintage Treasures set, stamped onto coredinations card and coated with glossy accents.  I cut the tails from two brads with wire cutters and glued them all into place with silicone glue to add dimension.  for further dimension I added chipboard cogs in painted with aged silver Eco Green paint.

An easel card needs something on the base to stop it from sliding down.  I made an atc sized stopper, 3.5" x 2.5" using mirror card, stamping and embossing a sentiment from the Vintage Treasures set.  A piece of the corrugated card, torn and embellished with more cogs and a piece of Tim Holtz chain finished the atc stopper.

1 comment:

  1. Great work ...love the design and the colours.... thanks for the info :)Ex

    ReplyDelete