Wednesday 9 May 2012

Dabber resist

Dabber resist is the theme for a group challenge this month.  I used the technique on the flower on my tag journal and initially tried it using quite a solid stamp.  The dabber image doesn't really show much beneath all of the acetate flowers but it is there.  The lacy border stamp was made using spellbinders edgeabilities and was the first time I had tried them for stamping.


As today was the state opening of parliament, which I thought was always in November - gunpowder plot and all that - I am now pretty confused, I was reminded that I have a set of Kanban 2012 stamps that I'd never used.


The resist on the clockface came out really well despite it having quite fine lines but my background images done in walnut stain look almost as strong as the clock tower which was stamped in black archival.


My last attempt of the day was deliberately in patriotic hues and I'm happy enough with it that I may make a few cards with this as a focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment