Monday 12 November 2012

Altered metal Corsage

I've heard the expression womble used many times when it comes to crafters and I truly think we are, always making good use of the things we find lying around.  This simple corsage is cut from an old foil pie tin (flower) and a cola can (leaf).  I could have used the can for the whole project and it would have been more sustantial.  I used a bigz die, any one you have would do to cut the flower layers and another bigx die (Tim Holtz pinecone) for the leaf.  I daubed alcohol inks onto the pieces until I liked the colours and layered them together using silicone glue,  I added some black and gold embossing powder to the middle.  I attached a pin to the back and I have a corsage that will last much longer than a natural one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my flippin heck how stunning is this little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning, bet the pie tasted good too. Really must treat myself to some alchol inks

    ReplyDelete