Sunday 3 March 2013

Paper Blocking with G45




Inspired by Hels Sheridan and Sue Tucker I decided to have another go at paper blocking. 

I've used G45 papers for the blocking on a 6" x 8 1/4" canvas painted all round the edges with Adirondack acrylic dabber in copper.

For the raised Lady I used dreamweaver paste through a brass stencil which I have lost the packaging for so have no idea who made it.  Once partially dry I brushed the lady with mica powders. 

The background to the postcard is torn paper edged with a variety of embossing powders and then brushed with black pearl mica powder and reheated to set it. 

The postcard and stamp are coated with crackle accents which don't show up too well on camera but it gives them a lovely aged effect.

I added some lace and an ideaology flower to the hat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jassy. This is wonderful! That lady is sensational.
    Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete