Monday 4 March 2013

Scrapbook pages

I have decided 2012 was about far more than holidays and am going to save the entire years of memories into one scrap book.  Our pictorial year did indeed begin with a trip north to the arctic circle and the land of the midnight sun.  When we returned home the sun had finally decided to shine on the UK and we had a glorious Olympic frenzy with a huge amount of excitement for me when one of my all time heroes, concert pianist Lang Lang came to town to hand over the olypic torch.  The year came to a close with another trip north, this time as far as Scotland for a family wedding.  We took the opportunity to visit a few of the places we have so far never seen.

 I will put up the pages here as I create them, here are the first two of our journey as we head north.



 
There were so many pictures but I didn't want the pages to look like an old fashioned photo album.  Putting them together in blocks and treating them as one picture is one way of dealing with multiples.  The paper used above is Cosmo Cricket, Dutch girl.  I think the colours and patterns are so like the textles we saw in the Norwegian shops.
 
 
 
I have blocked the smaller pictures a little differently here in the style of a film strip.  Already it is getting cooler as we travel further nothwards and the colour and pattern in the paper was chosen to reflect this.  I have written some of my memories around the edge of the photograph on the left.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment