Sunday 9 June 2013

Making distress paint and Paper Artsy stamps

I have been playing with distress reinkers and made my own paints by adding them to white acrylic (or ordinary emulsion paint today!).  I haven't achieved quite the same defined marbled effects you can get with the real thing yet but was very happy with some of the results.  I just put small blobs of paint onto my craft sheet, added 2 or 3 drops of reinker and mixed them in.  I spritzed with water because the paint was very thick and also spritzed the tag with water before dabbing and swiping it into the ink to give me more time before the paint dried.  Once the card was covered in paint to my satisfaction I spritzed again with water and watched the colours blend into each other.  I treated both the tag and background the same way although I added a little more distress to the tag and then stamped with water to lift some ink in places.  the stamps are all old ones from Paper Artsy and the little 'buttons' are the clock part of the wing stamped onto shrink plastic.

3 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant and the bird looks fabulous with the sentiment.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I love the beautiful background you have created, the colours are fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete