Wednesday 17 July 2013

Archival resist - Be Happy

Archival ink is used on this tag to resist distress inks added later.  I love the Brilliance inks especially the metallic ones.  They need heat setting to dry them. 


The tag was cut from very thick chipboard packaging that had a semi glossy coating. I used Sheena Douglass A little bit sketchy - Ageing Beautifully stamps to put the layers and texture in the background with Archival ink.  After heat setting I distressed with various Tim Holtz Distress inks and dusted with talc.  I then used distress ink through the detailed part of the Splodgeaway face mask and added embossing powder to that section and heat set.  I then took the corresponding shadow and applied a lighter distress ink.  the Be Happy stamp is also from Sheena Douglass.  The flowers were die cut from Graphic 45 papers using Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone sizzix bigz die dipped in utee and layered with utee dribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment