Thursday, 27 February 2014

Some new dies

I got a few bargains last week one of them being the on the edge pennant die I used to add texture and dimension to this rather large heart.  Its former life was a box of valentines choccies.  The 'frame' was the box lid with the acetate window cut away Lots of distress paints used various ways and a promise to myself that I would not use a single flower on this piece, that was the hardest bit.  I've used various beadazzles and micro beads on the die cut sprockets and gears and butterflies to bling them up a bit and the stamps are from a Sheena Douglas set.

Saturday, 22 February 2014

February tag swap - new ideas

I made this using an idea by Tim Holtz but as I didn't have many of the items he used I made some changes.  The hello was stamped with some individual letter stamps that have never seen light of day, I must have bought them at least 5 years ago, I think from the bargain bucket in hobbycraft.  The telephone die had also never been used, I covered the diecut in glossy accents then added black beadazzles sent to my by a lovely lady.  Tag was coloured with distress paints before inking two different text/letter stamps, one in distress ink the other using Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium Archival, those archival inks are my go to these days, I've almost forgotten I also have black!  The heart was diecut from grungeboard, I then stamped on part of a large swirl image and using pebeo cerne relief and fantasy paints.

Monday, 17 February 2014

Workshop project at The Studio in Leicester - Something New

On Saturday I went to another Hels Sheridan workshop, this time at Neil Burley's studio.  I traveled up with a friend I met at the online creative chemistry classes by Tim Holtz when we also met Neil originally and were introduced to Hels.  It really is all thanks to Tim that I have a new circle of friends and that my crafting is not limited to a room in my home.

Although I have made a similar canvas with Hels before there were many new and different techniques covered in this workshop. I loved stamping with paints and then over stamping text with archival ink. Although I have seen lots of splattering with paint before I'd never tried it myself, the paint did splatter everywhere but was really effective in adding more texture and dimension to the piece.

It was disappointing to find Ranger have discontinued Beadazzles because this was the first time I had used them and they are really effective scattered between the sprayed/died flowers.