Tuesday 17 June 2014

Eclectic Elements fabric tote with frayed tag

I bought these Tim Holtz designed fabrics as soon as they were released last year but loved them too much to cut into them!

Inspired by many ideas and Tim's frayed fabric tag in his compendium of curiosities book 3 I made this travel tote complete with a zipped interior compartment to keep valuables safe.  The bag is big enough to take a 12 x 12 scrapbook and my favourite cutter, is quilted so has a bit of insulation to keep a drink cool,  perfect to take to classes.




3 comments:

  1. Is there a pattern for your lovely bag? It is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you for your comments :) There was no pattern it was fairly simple construction, 2 outside pieces and 2 inside pieces plus wadding. All 4 pieces had the gold border added to them so that they measure around 14" wide x 16" deep. The zipper was inserted between an inside panel and the border as I assembled it, a square of fabric was then sewn behind it to create a pocket (I hope that makes sense) I Quilted the outside panels to some wadding before sewing everything together. There is a tutorial on Craftsy on how to line a bag which is infinitely better than me trying to explain what I did.
      http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/11/lining-a-tote-bag/
      I hope this helps xx

      Delete